Thursday, April 23, 2009

I swear

I do work. Check me out in this pic getting hella stuff done. I'm basically a plow horse, throwing my full weight into the harness every day and dragging a 400 pound plow through bedrock. I'm laying the foundation for a prosperous summer and fall harvest like old mules of the 19th century.

Someone has to find pictures and sites to forward to coworkers and others. And everyone here is busy altering plans or designing buildings, so rather than let the chore of stumbling through the internet for morale boosting funny pics fall through the cracks. I pick up that burden. I hoist it on my shoulders and i wield the full weight of that responsibility. At times i doubt my efforts, but i remind myself to be strong. Did David turn and run from Goliath? No he used his intuition and mustered up the best damn plan he could. Did Iron Maiden just play cities they knew well? No they threw all their gear and crew on a plane and BD flew them all over the damn world. In some countries turning out the biggest concerts that they had ever hosted. Did Don Quixote let that windmill get the best of him? No fucking way.

I start getting pumped at 6 a.m. every morning so that by the time i take my post at 9 a.m. the adrenaline is flowing and i can grapple this massive burden onto my tired tired shoulders. Do i bear this burden alone? For the most part yes. But i find inspiration within the fabric of this interwoven web of pictures and videos. Faithfully doing my duty for my fellow man.

IT'S TIME TO TAKE UP THAT BURDEN ONCE AGAIN FOR THE INFINTE TIME

2 comments:

Cdigs said...

HA! When was the last time you were up at 6am? HA!

Jenny Crowley said...

I especially enjoy your uses of Don Quixote and Iron Maiden in the same paragraph, that opportunity doesn't arise often!