Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Laundry Party

Every monday my friend hosts a laundry party at her parent's place in the west village and it is always a blast and a half... Young 20 somethings hanging out in a place that would require their combined income to pay the electricity bill, much less the actual overhead of owning a place within a building on the water.. In new york if your residence borders water you pay RENT. Luckily her parents own it and she invites me/us over to have drinks while she does her laundry.. Not sure if she really saves coin or not doing laundry there.



. I am just ecstatic to be able to A:) hang with her and good people and B:) hang out on a roof that has no westerly obstructions.. Having a meal with her and her parents, she joked about selling me keys to this place that is empty part of the week.. Her parents were not amused, I realized that I just wanted access to her parent's roof.. NY for me equals drinking/hanging out on roofs whenever possible.. Just got to rise above the city and have drinks with good/close friends and then everything falls into perspective...

1 comment:

Athol Foden said...

What is it about you and roofs anyway? Remember when you and Chris would hop onto the roof just to eat lunch?
And your brother Ben said he knew you would enjoy SF State because you could sit on the roof of the cafeteria!